Monday, January 11, 2010

Dad's side

Too, too many. Not enough hours in the day.

I talked to my Dad's brother and sister, Uncle Dick and Aunt Lee.
They will be a really good source when I get into the Vanderhoofven and Wood side.
There has been a lot of research on my grandmother on my Dad's side. There is two of my cousins that have done extensive research on them. I need to contact them.
Whenever there has been family gatherings they have been Vanderhoofven from what I remember. I wish I would have paid more attention at the reunions. I remember many of the Vanderhoofvens very well. I do not recall meeting any of the Wood family.

I have memories of my grandparents Vanderhoofven as a child. I really don't have alot of memories of my dad's parents when I was a child but I do as an adult.

Uncle Dick has this awesome photo album that belonged to my grandfather.
Lots of good photos but they are not labeled.

Not sure where I am going next. I think I will put all the information in the trees then go back to the Boyd family. I need to talk to Uncle Jack first, maybe he will have some insite into the Boyd's and the Wilhelms.

I feel that I have a lot to do, I want to do it all. I would really like to get to know them, not just know their names.

Seems I keep bouncing from side to side.
Need to settle in again.

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. My fathers side had been researched quite a bit. But nothing on my mother's side. I didn't even have names of my grandparents siblings. It was quite exciting to make my first discovery on this side, a great-great-grandfather. It opened a whole new world of investigation. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete